Cruising South

Reports on any trips that may assist others
kjay

Re: Cruising South

Post by kjay »

Alan, thanks for the link just what I was after, what a great job you have done with your cat, just perfect, I am sure you are very proud of her. Nice video of the dolphin encounter to, I cant wait to be out there as well.
Thanks again
John
Smooth Cruiser

Post by Smooth Cruiser »

I just bought a GoPro so I'm looking forward to getting some videos of my own - will share anything good. These videos are great, well done Alan and james.
Jim

Post by Jim »

I just looked at the video, 44C. That thing sure gets along. 9 knots in 10 knots app, I wish, that is only 1.5 knots less than my max speed so far. Question. I thought you only lower the windward daggerboard, to reduce the chance of going over, not that you would in that breeze. I don't have them so wouldn't know.
Jim.
44c

Post by 44c »

We only have one daggerboard. But sailing at more than around 45' apparent, we don't use any board anyway.

Boats with two daggerboard will usually use both when going to windward although in heavier breeze they might lift the leeward one a bit.
44c

Post by 44c »

kjay wrote:Alan, thanks for the link just what I was after, what a great job you have done with your cat, just perfect, I am sure you are very proud of her. Nice video of the dolphin encounter to, I cant wait to be out there as well.
Thanks again
John
Just uploaded another dolphin video.
kjay

Post by kjay »

Wow, great to watch, thank you. I am sure they get just as much out of it as we do,
John