SSL Domain

Any important information about the Website and Forum
rexd666
Site Admin

Re: SSL Domain

Post by rexd666 » Sun May 08, 2016 10:40 am

No recent changes, if anyone else chips in I will look further. But sounds like a possible DNS issue on your end, hard to debug what on a phone. Maybe just reboot the phone, or get it to forget the wifi connection and re-add it.

mahnamahna

Post by mahnamahna » Tue May 10, 2016 5:19 pm

Foxtel (telstra) had me reset some settings in the.modem and everything fixed. Cheers

mahnamahna

Post by mahnamahna » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:58 pm

I have more news on this as it has been happening again. Apparently the cause is that the internet standard is changing from ipv4 to ipv6 and foxtel (Telstra) has already changed but this sites service provider may not have and neither has Optus who my phone is on. So Optus and this site still speak the same language but foxtel has to translate via a setting in the modem called a 6to4 tunnel. If either my modem or the exchange resets for any reason then the tunnel in the modem may not auto translate and it then needs to be activated in the modem manually then everything works again. Hope this makes sense and may explain to others if access seems to disappear from time to time.

rexd666
Site Admin

Post by rexd666 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:15 pm

Paul,
I was going to configure IPv6, but my ISP hasn't moved on yet so I wasn't sure I could test. Let me look at it I know the server has a v6 address so maybe I just need to do some configuration.
Steve

mahnamahna

Post by mahnamahna » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:18 pm

Hi guys I think you may have an issue with your ssl certificate or something to do with the security of the sight. Upon login a safety warning page pops up. Advanced allows you to proceed to the sight but some might not access the sight fearing viruses. Cheers Paul

rexd666
Site Admin

Post by rexd666 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:28 pm

Thanks Paul,
Got the certificate renewal late last year, and thought I had plenty of time to upload it. Guess I forgot to think about it again.
Steve

puremajek

Post by puremajek » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:43 pm

Appreciate your efforts Steve.

Been using the iPad for the past few years reading the Blogs. Logged on here with a MacBook to see 60 notifications...Will work through them. Kindly James
James