Welcome to DIY-Yachts.com

Want to upload a photo? Got a question about using the forum? Want to set up a build thread? Look here for tips and assistance
admin
Site Admin

Welcome to DIY-Yachts.com

Post by admin »

Welcome all the move has been completed. Please see the home page for tips on getting your account working, feel free to send me any feedback, and most of all enjoy and get posting.
Steve
Whimsical

Re: Welcome to DIY-Yachts.com

Post by Whimsical »

it worked fine for me just have to change the temporary password
Seems a lot faster than the old one
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks.
For others reading this and remembering that they also need to change the temporary password here is the link to it right now. Change Password

Hopefully the paid host is more stable and faster.

Anything else you would like to see on the site let us know, and also if you would like to contribute an article or blog please contact either Puremajek or rexd666.
Steve (rexd666)
jaleel_da_sheik

Post by jaleel_da_sheik »

Is there any way to visually make it more apparent when one of the forum topics has a new (or unviewed by the user) post within? That makes for quicker scanning thru the forum to see what new items are being discussed.

regards,

Sheik
Finally

Post by Finally »

Go to the Board Index and click on Mark Forums as Read (right hand side above the Forum Index). That will grey out all the topics (folder icon). When new postings are made the folder icon for that topic returns to the orange colour.

Stands out like the proverbials.

David
rexd666
Site Admin

Post by rexd666 »

Thanks for that, the method of moving the forum did not allow us to pickup your current read and unread items, so everything will be showing as new. Do as Finally advised and from now on you will see new posts, I think they will be yellow icons as opposed to grey for read ones.
Also note on the home page we have the recent posts info showing the 10 latest posts as well. I am working on the date field there as it is showing the US based server time, hopefully I can get it relevant to your own timezone.
Steve