Uploading attachments

Want to upload a photo? Got a question about using the forum? Want to set up a build thread? Look here for tips and assistance
Finally

Uploading attachments

Post by Finally »

This is copied from the "Hook-it Sandpaper" Topic. Did anything advance with this option?

"I am just testing an option to resize the images, which I have been promising to fix for a while. We have unlimited disk quota on the server so space is not an issue, just getting them to fit inside the forum. There is an addon to the forum software that will allow people to upload attachments and will resize them for display. But it also preserves the full size image for people to zoom on if they want, which I like because you can examine something in detail still. This option is better as it means we have the images located locally, we have already lost images in some older posts due to image hosts changing or cancelling accounts.

So that is the detail, the end result of which will be you can post images without worrying about the details.

I will try and get it all done this weekend.
Steve"
rexd666
Site Admin

Re: Uploading attachments

Post by rexd666 »

I did make some changes, and also played around with the workings of the forum quite a lot on an offline copy. When I went to make them on the live site some things were not quite right so I held off on too many changes. I think I may actually refresh the site over Christmas, or sooner if I get time.

But back to the actual issue, it should be at least working to create a smaller version of the uploaded file in the posting. I don't think I tested it in the live server so I will do that now. I grabbed one of the images from the post that prompted me to check this out.

To post images use the Upload Attachment option below the post window. Select your file and upload it, you can do 20 images in one post. Once it uploads you can then add a file comment and Place it inline to make it appear inside the posts text.
PA240006.JPG
So looks like I have fixed the images being posted that are too big, I will have another look at the zoom function as I needed to add that, and maybe be able to do that quickly today.
Steve
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK that last function I mentioned is now working also, only on recent images. If you hover over the image above you should be able to pop it up and then can zoom the image to full size to check out the detail.
Steve
Finally

Post by Finally »

Awesome - that will make life a lot easier!

Thanks

David
mySerenity

Post by mySerenity »

Thanks Steve

Appears to be viewing OK on mobile devices too. Much appreciated.
James

https://www.youtube.com/user/puremajek

Post by rexd666 »

I have been looking at some new themes with responsive design that should scale and work better on mobile devices. Or we could install Tapatalk and use that app, but I didn't like it that much when I bought the mobile app.
mySerenity

Post by mySerenity »

Steve
Would love to help, but not back till late January. Will start to sniff around and get back to you when I get Internet.

Any other mobile suggestions/solutions from any other members are more than welcome
James

https://www.youtube.com/user/puremajek