Quick Connect Plumbing fittings

The watery and smelly sides of life.
puremajek

Post by puremajek » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:37 pm

Just wondering of thoughts on this, the components are a little pricey but very easy to use. I see that Whale use 15mm tubing and the others are all 1/2". Having a chat to a seller, he was saying that the fittings are very specific and can't be cross fitted. Are there any experiences floating around?
James

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:00 am

Hi James, I have used the Whale 15mm ones and probably 35 to 40 of them. When I put pressure through them the other nite there was only one leak and that was because I hadn't pushed it far enough into it's seat. I would never use anything else. I think Whale have a 15 to 13mm adaptor, I think!!!

Jim.

madaz

Post by madaz » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:43 am

I would be interested to know how has the idea of running the water hoses along the boat been tackled when you are passing through a bulkhead? have you used the bulkehead fittings with hose fitted each side or run the hose straight through and put something like a grommet in the hole to prevent wear?

Jim

Post by Jim » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:42 pm

None of the above. I just drill a hole and put the pipe through. To have wear you must have movement and or vibration, and as I have used the whale clips to secure the pipe that takes care of the movement and sail boats don't vibrate, compaired to power boats anyway. This pipe is more likely to wear the timber away before itself.

Remember the KISS theory everybody.

Jim.