TMC toilets

The watery and smelly sides of life.
madaz

TMC toilets

Post by madaz » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:27 am

I bought the basic model TMC electric toilet from Whitworths. I also bought the wizz bang half flush/full flush timer switch. The toilet has a vented loop in and out with a solenoid on the inlet.

when i flush it (now that I have launched! 8) ) The water in the bowl drains away and new stuff comes in but the pump starts making a kind of squelly noise during the flush. it doesnt sound nice. And TMC dont provide any info on installation at all apart from a parts diagram. I thought perhaps chucking a cup full of cookign oil in it to shut it up? :shock:

any ideas from the panel?

terryk

TMC toilets

Post by terryk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:25 pm

Tony, it`s obviously hungry, try and feed it some more :lol:

Is the noise mechanical or suction :?:

cheers

terryk

madaz

TMC toilets

Post by madaz » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:33 am

sounds like the macerator getting hungry. fixed it today, one of the vented loops was the problem, I beleive it was the outlet one though for some reason, am going to confirm it when I am on the boat next but with the vent disabled the problem is gone.

tuskie

TMC toilets

Post by tuskie » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:05 am

Madaz,

Can you answer your own question posted 4 years ago, about how you like the TMC toilets? Apart from the minor problem you mentioned are you happy with the device, noise levels at night, water use, etc. Would you fit them if you had to make that decision now or would you shell out more dollars for something different?

Mark

madaz

TMC toilets

Post by madaz » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:21 am

I dont remember my old question? but yes, with the little loop problem fixed it runs very well, nice and efficient. i have a good foam/glassed door to the bathroom so it is fairly quite in the rest of the boat when it flushes, its compact and cheap and they seem to be very popular around this part of the world so parts are not going to be a problem.

I bought one of these:

which makes flushing idiot proof, push which ever button you want and it does the rest.

tuskie

TMC toilets

Post by tuskie » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Thanks Madaz. Sorry, it was Northercat that asked about TMC toilets under the "toilets" thread in 2006. Your question in same same thread concerned the dreaded vented loop. You obviously decided that one of these needed to be fitted. I hope that you get lots of trouble free service from this all important piece of machinery.