Water pipes

The watery and smelly sides of life.
rexd666
Site Admin

Water pipes

Post by rexd666 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:54 pm

I was reading that some people put in a return loop on the hot water, that way you can run it back into the tanks until it get's hot. Not sure of the details, but seemed like a good idea for the cost of some extra hose and fittings.

Puremajek,

Does this look like the place you got them? No Whale on the site, mainly John Guest, but they do say they can get most things.

http://www.clarencewaterfilters.com.au/shop/index.php

Trev

Water pipes

Post by Trev » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:21 pm

madaz wrote:i have a few fittings trev, if you like i wil have a look and send you a list. I never bought the cutters. a sharp stanley knife blade worked fine and I have never had a leak.
Thanks Tony let me know what you have and how much? but are you sure you wont need them for your next boat? :)

madaz

Water pipes

Post by madaz » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:13 pm

I'll have a look and let you know Trev.

we have a similar setup to what Alan mentioned, with one sink a fair way away, about 6 metres or just over however this sink is the galley one, so i ran the hot water there. We use a instant gas unit i bought off ebay. We loose very little heat in the distance (the water is uncomfortably hot to touch) the pipes dont seem to loose alot of heat in the travel.