Finally Does It

Build logs from members building catamarans, trimarans and other multi-hull variants.
Finally

Re: Finally Does It

Post by Finally » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:11 pm

teamROAM wrote:Looks Awesome David!! I see you have the most important feature of the boom. That being the cradle on the cabin roof to park it in!

Got any new pics for us?

Mick
Thanks Mick

Stole the cradle idea from your photos (surprise surprise). Do you have a strip of rubber / foam glued in your cradle to protect the paintwork on the boom?

No new photos....yet

Been having "issues" painting the wet areas inside (which are full gloss). Solvent boil and dust being the main ones. Managed to be more anal about dust control and seem to now have that under control. Solvent boil has been talked over with the paint rep and am now re-sanding those areas to repaint later this week (hopefully). I was hoping to be a lot further along with the interior painting. Once I have these gloss rooms painted I will be out of those cramped, PITA areas and be able to step it up another gear and knock over the remaining rooms more quickly. The remaining interior areas will be satin / semi gloss finish so I don't have to be as finicky in their preparation.

At the start of the year I was hoping to be in the water by Christmas this year and head south out of the main cyclone area. I've now resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably have another summer to contend with. Bugger.

David

teamROAM

Post by teamROAM » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:37 am

Sounds very La Di Dah there mate. Dont go too OTT on it. You will spend too much time fussing over it than using it.

In hind sight we went over the top on the interior finish. Too many $ and too hard to make little changes later.

There is a realistic finish on most interior surfaces that doesn't involve a spray gun I think. So much time in masking up for each interior shoot.

Mick

teamROAM

Post by teamROAM » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:34 am

Sorry David didnt read your post properly before.

Yes we have some white rubber in the cradle and clear film patch on the boom. Working well.

Mick

Beav222

Post by Beav222 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:24 am

Looking great!! What a difference it makes with primer and paint.
Dean :lol: & Debra :mrgreen:

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than those you did. So throw off the bowlines and sail away. "

— Mark Twain American Writer.

Beav_222@yahoo.com

44c

Post by 44c » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:02 pm

Where are the photo's?