Sarah 41

Build logs from members building catamarans, trimarans and other multi-hull variants.
Beav222

Re: Sarah 41

Post by Beav222 » Sun May 01, 2016 2:20 am

cruiserbill wrote:[quote="Beav222" converting metrics to American Standards

Been there for sure. I wish we would switch.[/quote]
That would be too easy. Then we'd be like the rest of the world. We can't have that Grrrrr!!! :twisted:
Bill have you bought plans yet and have you started building!?!?!
Dean :lol: & Debra :mrgreen:

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than those you did. So throw off the bowlines and sail away. "

— Mark Twain.

Beav_222@yahoo.com

cruiserbill

Post by cruiserbill » Sun May 01, 2016 3:51 am

Beav222 wrote:
cruiserbill wrote:[quote="Beav222" converting metrics to American Standards

Been there for sure. I wish we would switch.
That would be too easy. Then we'd be like the rest of the world. We can't have that Grrrrr!!! :twisted:
Bill have you bought plans yet and have you started building!?!?![/quote]

Well, to let the cat out of the bag (no pun intended :lol: ), I have bought a set of plans for a Sarah, but I have not started building yet. I need to work out a few things first so it might be a little while.

I was hoping to build a 44C and Bob Oram had promised he would sell me a set of plans. He retired, but was still willing to accommodate. I really hesitate to say that, because I don't want people thinking they can bug him into selling them a set. All I know is he was willing to work with me and we agreed to that at the time he was retiring and I had been conversing with him for quite some time previously. I would say if you have not discussed this with him in the past, then he would probably not want to be troubled. I really don't know that, however. For whoever reads this, please do not use me to try to get a set of plans out of him. He has been VERY kind to me and I would not want to spoil that. A 44C may still be in my future though so who knows right now.

Beav222

Post by Beav222 » Sun May 01, 2016 6:11 am

On another subject tho.... This forum has been great as far as information goes. It has been a few years sense some of the info has been updated. If anyone has current info on navigation equipment or the latest solar and battery tech please post.
I would love to hear about the latest in flexible solar panels and what they output in watts.
I read that when James with puremajek installed his nav equipment he needed a multiplexer. Now nav plotters are integrated ?!?!
Anyone know anything??

Cheers Dean
Last edited by Beav222 on Sun May 01, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than those you did. So throw off the bowlines and sail away. "

— Mark Twain.

Beav_222@yahoo.com

cruiserbill

Post by cruiserbill » Sun May 01, 2016 6:25 am

I have conversed with James for many years now as well. He is a wealth of information and a great guy to boot. There are certainly others here as well. Alan with his 44C knows what he is talking about for sure as well as Paul with Yikes - formerly known as Manamana. If I keep going I am sure to miss someone :D

cruiserbill

Post by cruiserbill » Thu May 26, 2016 11:02 am

How's the start of the build going??

Beav222

Post by Beav222 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:48 am

I ordered plywood last week and should be here before June 1. I am getting pretty antsy about starting. I really need to make some sawdust. Life goes on tho and with the j o b and other projects at home like gardening I'm busy. I also have been blessed with a new granddaughter. That makes #6. I am still doing reshearch as the US uses ABYC Boat building standards.
I know there is a guy in Seattle that built an Easy. Anyone know who he is I would like to see his boat.

— Mark Twain.

Beav_222@yahoo.com

cruiserbill

Post by cruiserbill » Thu May 26, 2016 5:06 pm

Beav222 wrote:I ordered plywood last week and should be here before June 1. I am getting pretty antsy about starting. I really need to make some sawdust. Life goes on tho and with the j o b and other projects at home like gardening I'm busy. I also have been blessed with a new granddaughter. That makes #6. I am still doing reshearch as the US uses ABYC Boat building standards.
I know there is a guy in Seattle that built an Easy. Anyone know who he is I would like to see his boat.
Congrats on the granddaughter!

I didn't realize there was anyone in the US that had built an Easy. I thought there weren't any.

Through all the forums I have browsed, you are the only one who brought up US boat building standards. I even asked the that question some years ago on a different forum and no one replied that there was anything in particular so far as standards are concerned. I got the idea that there might be when I ready that James had to have his propane system in Puremajek installed per standards and inspected.

coachdaz

Post by coachdaz » Fri May 27, 2016 6:59 am

I am not too sure about someone from Seattle building an 'easy' but I do know a Brian Tempe of Seattle who did a great blog and build of a Schionning Wilderness 1100. He launched very recently and the link to the blog is https://catbuild.wordpress.com/

Beav222

Post by Beav222 » Fri May 27, 2016 5:34 pm

coachdaz wrote:I am not too sure about someone from Seattle building an 'easy' but I do know a Brian Tempe of Seattle who did a great blog and build of a Schionning Wilderness 1100. He launched very recently and the link to the blog is https://catbuild.wordpress.com/

Thanks for the link coach. I don't remember where I heard it but I am sure there was some one that built an easy around Seattle and another in the Carolinas. I read in a blog how the guy in Carolina had to transport his hulls a long distance to a new shed to finish the build . That was the last I heard from him. I feel a little handicapped not being able to see a build. Maybe a trip to the land down under is in my future!! I would like to meet Peter and Anne. Also Chris and John. I'd probable need a week to sit and chat with James. What a wealth of knowledge !!! All of them have done an exelent job in building their Easys.
I am still looking for info on the latest nav equipment and any other electrical devices. Hook me up!!!

— Mark Twain.

Beav_222@yahoo.com

cruiserbill

Post by cruiserbill » Fri May 27, 2016 9:06 pm

I know what you mean about feeling handicapped. I sure wish I could see one myself. I did go to Australia a few years back, but I wasn't near any Easys and I was on a stick work schedule. I was supposed to go back and was planning some vacation time after the work was done and they up and cancelled the trip. Oh well.

Ask James about his experience with mixing and matching different electronics.