finally up the right way

Build logs from members building catamarans, trimarans and other multi-hull variants.
Chrisg

finally up the right way

Post by Chrisg » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:39 am

not a crazy idea but like dreamtime.
Chris & Michelle

Outback Dreamer - Sarah 23
http://www.outbackdreamer.com

madaz

finally up the right way

Post by madaz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:24 am

Thats pretty out there Paul, :shock:

but if it floats your boat, why not. I am big on hassle versus potential use, if you reckon you would get the use out of it then its worth the hassle.

If it would be a use once and not bother again then it wouldnt, a bit like the spa bath we put in our ensuite, looks nice but hardly gets used and then its just a pain in the A#$e to clean

terryk

finally up the right way

Post by terryk » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi guys, I intend to hard wire in the flood light and also have a 12v. socket on the A frame to plug in a spot light and also have a rechargeable spotty. Jim don`t I have to have another tube attachment on the A frame to stick my prodder in :roll: I know nothing about prodders :? Don`t we run screachers :?: if we are game enough :!: I`m still getting around the fact I have 3 sails.

cheers

terryk

Jim

finally up the right way

Post by Jim » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:25 pm

Anything attached to the A frame can be done later but the pad eyes down there are a different story. The inside of the hull needs a piece of ply glued in and nylock nuts on the end of the holding screws, both extremely difficult to do once the deck is on. To do it now would take the same time as smoko. Even if you never use them the next owner might and besides a screecher is about the best thing you can do for a cat. I would have one tomorrow if I could afford one. If I was at the same point where you are I would drop the inner fore stay, have a self tacking jib and a screecher. Heaps easier to sail and quicker, and still only three sails.

Jim.

terryk

finally up the right way

Post by terryk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi Jim, I guess you mean just behind or in front of frame 1, but how far down from the sheer :?:

cheers

terryk

Jim

finally up the right way

Post by Jim » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:24 pm

Yes I would say around Fr1. It is only there to hold the prodder down so if you imagine a prodder of about 1 meter long work it out from there with what you would consider to be a good angle. Most of the ones I have seen are fairly low down. I will check some out at my marina later today and get back to you.

Jim.

Mick@itc

finally up the right way

Post by Mick@itc » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:39 am

Where did you get your building cover/shed?

Regards

Mick
Mick
If all you have is a hammer...everything is a nail!

mahnamahna

Re: finally up the right way

Post by mahnamahna » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:03 pm

Seems a few years and posts have been skipped here, and Terry has launched and last Tuesday the mast was stepped. I took a few pics so here they are.

Congrats Terry, I will be along shortly.

mahnamahna

Post by mahnamahna » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:16 am

No love for Terry's boat, guys?

rexd666
Site Admin

Post by rexd666 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:54 am

So many launches I got confused as who was doing what where, I swear I thought these were pics of Sea_bee's launch.

Congratulations on the launch and getting the mast stepped. She looks fantastic and hopefully you are already enjoying some sailing over Christmas break, and reap the rewards of all your hard work.

Steve