El Coyote

Build logs from members building catamarans, trimarans and other multi-hull variants.
Romeo

El Coyote

Post by Romeo » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:12 am

Just checking if i can post picture

Romeo

Romeo

El Coyote

Post by Romeo » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:20 am

Inspection team

terryk

El Coyote

Post by terryk » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:15 pm

Hi Romeo,

Western Australia, does that mean you will be sailing clockwise whilst everyone else will be anticlockwise :?:

cheers and thanks for the pics

terryk

Romeo

El Coyote

Post by Romeo » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Hello Terryk

We do have some of the best cruising grounds in Australia. The winds here are mainly se to sw so we don't have much of a problem getting to The Kimberlies, Monty Bello's, Dampier Achipeligo, Exmouth Gulf and my home cruising grounds The Shark Bay Area. We do have lots of boats calling in from coming around the top. The hardest stretch is probaly from Nor West cape to Geralton. I'am bulding the Sarah plan number 12 mainly for a Kimberly trip. Started Easter 2009. Turned the hulls on the 24th July 2010 (My Birthday) Will post more pics later I had a bit of a problem with the last lot.

Cheers Romeo

Romeo

Re: El Coyote

Post by Romeo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Image.
Thought i'd give an update as it is nearly a year since last one. Stopped work on boat in the middle of September due to daughters wedding in October. Comes December and we get hid with 260mm of rain in one hit and the Gascoyne river decides to flood to its highest peak ever recorded. El Coyote floated in 1.5 meters of flood water and hit the shed roof which stopped it floating out of the shed. When the water receded it had moved about a meter forward and a 200mm to the side. No damage done. Have retreived almost everything. Most tools still worked after drying out. The house had a meter of water. It went over the cement wall I had built to protect it by 150mm.
Have just about finished tiling, painting, rekitchening and refurnishing it in the last six months and have started back on the boat. Painted inside all of front lockers today and hope to sheet tomorrow.
Cheers Romeo

mySerenity

Post by mySerenity » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Real sorry about the flood, at least the yacht floats I suppose. Its looking a real treat...well done.
James

https://www.youtube.com/user/puremajek

sea_bee

Post by sea_bee » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Romeo wrote:... El Coyote floated in 1.5 meters of flood water and hit the shed roof which stopped it floating out of the shed...
With the right contacts, you could make arrangements to save on the cost of transport to the water!

terryk

Post by terryk » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:42 pm

Does that mean you have already launched :!: lucky you didn`y jump the gun and put some transducer holes in place :( Glad you got through it all.
Cheers and happy building
terryk

Romeo

Post by Romeo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:00 am

Another year gone. Progress to date. Hope to launch next year barring floods, cyclones mangoes and weddings.

Cabin deck on
Galley
toilet and shower and last of the sole
Home made drop down window frame
Tight squeeze
Batteries and water tanks
Friends 10.5ss Easy

Romeo

Post by Romeo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:18 pm

Just towed a mates Simpson 11mtr four kms to ramp. Built in just over twelve months by one bloke. Stip planked.