sarah 27

Build logs from members building catamarans, trimarans and other multi-hull variants.
Roland

sarah 27

Post by Roland » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:53 pm

hi everyone,

i am living in switzerland thats in the middle of the european alps and planning to build a easy sarah in the philippines jan2011..

got the plans a few weeks ago and started to build a 1:20 model made of cardboard while we are still in switzerland..

here some pics:

cheers

roland & sabina

mikeb

sarah 27

Post by mikeb » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi Roland

If only the real thing would come together as quickly.... :lol:

Great to see what you're doing so make sure you post photos of the finished model. Mike

Jim

sarah 27

Post by Jim » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:43 pm

Hi Roland, that's fairly impressive but don't you have a woman over there you can kill some time with? LOL.

Jim.

northerncat

sarah 27

Post by northerncat » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:20 am

fairly impressive?? thats amazing

sean

Jim

sarah 27

Post by Jim » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:08 am

How much are you asking for Dasajo Sean?

Jim.

terryk

sarah 27

Post by terryk » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:42 pm

Hi Roland, you could be cutting out your frames in the Alps, a great inside winter job :!: and then freight them flatpack style to the Philippines ready to start your assembly :!: great little model though :) happy building

cheers

terryk

mikeb

sarah 27

Post by mikeb » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi Roland. I notice you've straightened up the bows so they are almost vertical, looks good. I hadn't noticed this on Jim boat until he pointed it out and I think it's a real improvement in the looks department. I also like what you are doing where the underside of the bridgedeck meets the hulls. Are you intending to make these modifications on the full size version? Mike

Roland

sarah 27

Post by Roland » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:05 pm

Jim wrote:Hi Roland, that's fairly impressive but don't you have a woman over there you can kill some time with? LOL.
Jim.

thanks for the compliments..

sure i have a women.. she is helping with the model and the real boat as she did on our first boat.. so she is killing time with me :-)

Roland

sarah 27

Post by Roland » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:14 pm

mikeb wrote:Hi Roland. I notice you've straightened up the bows so they are almost vertical, looks good. I hadn't noticed this on Jim boat until he pointed it out and I think it's a real improvement in the looks department. I also like what you are doing where the underside of the bridgedeck meets the hulls. Are you intending to make these modifications on the full size version? Mike

yes i did straighten the bows. did draw the boat in autoCAD and did the modification on the screen first.. so i could just print out all the modified frames 1:20 on the printer. as you noticed i did add chamfer panels at the bridgedeck - hullside joint.. i have read somewhere that chamfer panels are important as they add high reserve buoyancy. cats with chamfer panels need less bridge deck clearance then cats without them. and its just my feeling that its good to have them made.. i will add that to the full size version as well i think..

Roland

sarah 27

Post by Roland » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:05 am

the model is done..

here some pics..