MV catapult

Build logs from members building catamarans, trimarans and other multi-hull variants.
rexd666
Site Admin

Re: MV catapult

Post by rexd666 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:45 am

From this topic yes, but they all appear to be in the new topic under that link to plumbing forum.
I am not going to say I counted them, but I split the topic from first desalinator post on 15Jan, and it has 49 posts ranging from then until 30 Jan? And the last few posts were the last ones that I read.
Got an example?

groper

Post by groper » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:03 am

Yes Alan, I will re prop it if the exisiting ones are not suitable, these props came with the motors so I figure I'll just see how they go first and go from there. They are 13 7/8 x 21" and the boat that these motors came off had a top speed of 35kts at WOT and correct rpm. I think that's a little optimistic so I'll probably have to go a little finer pitch after water testing...

Finally

Post by Finally » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:25 am

Yep - looking good.
Hope the Cat pump arrives before you launch so I can come and check it out.
Assuming lightweight ship at sea trials (I'll allow a couple of beers as extra weight), flat seas, hard antifoul sanded with 1000 grit wet and dry, correct weight distribution and I'll guess 26.75 SOG. That 100kg of paint has lowered potential top speed. ;)

44c

Post by 44c » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:53 am

rexd666 wrote:From this topic yes, but they all appear to be in the new topic under that link to plumbing forum.
I am not going to say I counted them, but I split the topic from first desalinator post on 15Jan, and it has 49 posts ranging from then until 30 Jan? And the last few posts were the last ones that I read.
Got an example?
There were several posts posted after the one by Shiraz02 on jan 30th. They aren't visible now, at least to me they're not. They were there yesterday though. I posted yesterday as well, and that post has also disappeared.

OK, looks like I got my threads crossed! Somehow a topic from much earlier was showing as the most recent discussion.

rexd666
Site Admin

Post by rexd666 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:42 pm

No worries, put it down to too much sun, salty air and sundowners you lucky bugger.

groper

Post by groper » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:57 pm

Bottom paint is done, brought the waterline 100mm above where it should float in light ship condition... cockpit floor non skid is next...
Have the crane and truck booked in for a FEB 29 launch date :) so close i can taste it :mrgreen:

44c

Post by 44c » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:22 am

Looks great Nick, exciting times!

Hope the launch goes smoothly. Handy that it's a vey short trip.

groper

Post by groper » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:18 pm

Sorry, but i struggle to get a pic where everything is all neat and tidy and clean, finished etc... i dont really stop to take staged photos, i just snap away when i get a chance, lifes just too busy to be pretty!

Cockpit floor is done, although covered in mud and footprints from the wet weather weve just had... Just have the icebox to finish - another job for post launch i think... i think im gonna make the inside liner and pour foam over it. After the foam cures, ill cut it back to size so the whole thing drops into the outer case you can see in the pic...

Ive also taken a shot of the switchboard which feeds all of the boats 12VDC loads and also the 240VAC distribution. I used domestic gear - which is also rated for DC, and found this to be a simple and low cost method of wiring everything up. Its compact and works very well. Theres a cover which goes over this and has a nice little hinged door so its all hidden away... 12VDC rail on the bottom, 240VAC rail on top. Main switch on the 240VAC is a "generator changeover switch" - which switches the entire 240V rail from shorepower (fed from the marina) to inverter power from the batteries - the observant will notice ive also made the earth neutral bond here- only on the inverter side, so the RCD`s will work properly. The 3 unused breakers on the top rail are for watermaker, dive compressor and 240v hotwater - none of which are ready to be connected just yet... There are no other bus bars or other junk required anywhere else on the boat - its all done from here...

And ive got the sink and stove installed in the kitchen along with my finished 6mm plywood bentop, finished in automotive 2pack clear acrylic urethane from a spray gun... Still havnt faired or painted the cupboard doors yet either - thats gonna be a job for after launch...

teamROAM

Post by teamROAM » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:11 am

Nice one Nick, Looks Awesome. Been trying to talk my Dad into a power cat for coastal stuff around Tas

groper

Post by groper » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:20 pm

well its all said and done now :) Had some serious butterflies whilst it all took place but everything went well... She floats "close" to her lines - a little stern heavy but not too bad... First time we opened her up and managed 27kts @ 5000rpm - props are too coarse to acheive proper rpm @ 5800. I have to keep it short as we heading out to the reef on this glorious day - will update more soon... happy days :D :D :D