Spars

Rigging components, external fittings and Sails
northerncat

Spars

Post by northerncat » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:33 am

spreaders bolted on

spreaders made out of 5mm 4mm walled tube with the ends squahed together in a vice and welded together with a slot cut ou tfor the stay to be wired into

spreaders attached to fitting plate, if i was to do it all over i would just use baby stay and not have a spreader arrangement as it was a fair bit of work to make

mast head crane i think is what this called it gives me room for 5 halyards but ill only run four, its not hard to make(cut out the hape of all the pieces) but id advise you get it welded by a boilermaker, most of the bits that i cut out i used a band saw to cut it with which worked very well

sean

northerncat

Spars

Post by northerncat » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:38 am

spreaders attached at base

apologies that some of the captions dont match up to the photos, any questions ask away ill grab a photo of the mast base i made to and put them up later, hope this helps any people out there thinking of making there own mast, i know i appreciated the money saved

sean

dialdan

Spars

Post by dialdan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:50 am

Hi

Hoping I,m not breaking any rules but I have a allyacht fully anodised 12metre section for sale includes mast crane , gooseneck, spreader base , spreaders halyard exits , winch pads etc all in excellent condition , also backing plates for t ball connecters

Ring Al

0754966779 for more info

terryk

Spars

Post by terryk » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:44 pm

Thanks Sean, a picture tells a thousand stories!! You must be happy with your progress!! I hope it`s all going well.

But for me it`s back to the sanding!!

Cheers

terryk

Bruce

Spars

Post by Bruce » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:59 am

terryk wrote:Thanks Sean, a picture tells a thousand stories!!

AAHHGGG!!! You pinched my phrase Terryk :(

Exactly what I was going to say.......

The pics are indeed much appreciated Sean :D

northerncat

Spars

Post by northerncat » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:14 am

again if there are any things you would like clarified or rephotoed just ask

sean

Crasara Cruzin

Spars

Post by Crasara Cruzin » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:20 am

Hi Guys,

I was reading an old Cruising Helmsman and came across a David Lambourne add, he was importing them from a factory in Tanjin China, we have lived in China for a year and speak some chinese, if we can help contact us.

We used Allyacht Spars for Crasara Cruzin and have since broken 2 boom straps, the pin through the goose neck wear, had several small peices missing and relised we had paid someone $70 per hour (2005) for splicing rope and they did both ends!!!!

You work it out for yourself

Jim

Spars

Post by Jim » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi CC, I have a Allyacht setup with 2 boom straps, yet to be fitted, what do you suggest instead? All he lines attatched to my mast and boom have been spliced (very well) at both ends as well. I wonder why they do that.

Launch date is the week of the 24th November.

Jim.

Crasara Cruzin

Spars

Post by Crasara Cruzin » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:14 am

Hi Jim, when the boom straps break they really go off. We are on our last strap (which is showing signs of ware) and have put some 12mm rope around the boom.

To stay with Allyacht design I would try a car seat belt stap going round 2 or 3 times, but rope has saved me the last time.

(You could use the standard Boom main sheet Lug)

Cheers

Crasara Cruzin in Malaysia

madaz

Spars

Post by madaz » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:41 pm

I received my new mast and boom from David Lambourne yesterday, he also made my Seagull striker. I have to do the final assembly as i didnt want to pay them anymore than I had to. but the components are very well made, beautiful welds that we cant get here in hobart..