Looking for a shed

To help those who are trying to find an alternative or a quick fix
Mick@itc

Looking for a shed

Post by Mick@itc » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:16 am

Hi all

In the plannign stages with Bob Oram to build a 48C. Looking for a shed/structure to do the build in. Anyone selling one that might suit?

Mick
Mick
If all you have is a hammer...everything is a nail!

rexd666
Site Admin

Looking for a shed

Post by rexd666 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:00 am

If you have got the space and it suits where you are, ie rural block. Go for one of the industrial sheds from this lot http://www.shedsonline.com.au/. If I had the land, and it could be close to me I would go this way.

44c's went to another builder, but somewhere he posted the details of the one he used.

Steve

44c

Looking for a shed

Post by 44c » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Great choice of boat! If I was building again, that's what I'd build.

I used a "Habitat" shed from VP structures.

http://www.vpstructures.com.au/index.ph ... Itemid=131

Found it to be excellent, and was able to sell it afterwards.

Mick@itc

Looking for a shed

Post by Mick@itc » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:36 am

44c wrote:Great choice of boat! If I was building again, that's what I'd build.

I used a "Habitat" shed from VP structures.

Found it to be excellent, and was able to sell it afterwards.

Hi

Got a quote from Habitat...over$10,000. Thought it a bit steep. Designing my own and will build it if I can't find anything a a decent price second hand.

Regards

Mick
Mick

teamROAM

Looking for a shed

Post by teamROAM » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:38 pm

i reckon spend the $$ and get the best shed you can afford. Don’t know anyone that has built there own and haven't spent significant time fixing tarps, rips holes, leaks, drainage etc etc

Mick@itc

Looking for a shed

Post by Mick@itc » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:56 am

teamROAM wrote:i reckon spend the $$ and get the best shed you can afford. Don’t know anyone that has built there own and haven't spent significant time fixing tarps, rips holes, leaks, drainage etc etc

I find it hard to justify $10k when I know the stuff it could put on my boat...

I have downloaded the plans from PureMajek and will develop one of these to fit the boat if nothgn comes up at around $2000 or $2500.

Regards

Mick
Mick

rexd666
Site Admin

Looking for a shed

Post by rexd666 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:31 am

Sounds similar to the internal conversations I have with myself, ie lowest possible cost of build site. Being on a inner suburban block build does not fit.

1. Rent a shed and burn maybe 50K on rent.

2. Buy a shed on land already, maybe get some capital gain, but need capital to do this and puts build back.

3. Buy land and add shed. In my case I was thinking of a permanent shed that would add to resale.

Option 1 is in front as the location in this thread would give me the option to get a pro to assist for a week a month or something.

Steve

Ross

Looking for a shed

Post by Ross » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:32 pm

I am building in a rented shed at Allcraft marine. I built as many parts as I could at home first, rudders daggers, forebeam etc. These are time consuming but take litte space to build. I plan to take four years in the shed that i rent. There is a cost, however at Allcraft marine they are set up to take the finnishd boat from shed to water so no truckes transport part needed which is a saving. Also there is the option to pay and get some of the stuff done if needed.

Allcraft are having an additoinal shed built at the end of the month, which could take 2 or 3 new boats

northerncat

Looking for a shed

Post by northerncat » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:50 am

teamROAM wrote:i reckon spend the $$ and get the best shed you can afford. Don’t know anyone that has built there own and haven't spent significant time fixing tarps, rips holes, leaks, drainage etc etc

ok now you know me, i spent an insignificant amount of time doing the above mentioned 8)

teamROAM

Looking for a shed

Post by teamROAM » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:50 am

haha i got scared.. i had a 80 buck blue tarp in the end of my shelter but now that people are finding blue ribbens all over the coast of Tassie from after it exploded it i got some made up. Not saying its not possibe just rather have one less thing to have to sort out.....