For Sale - Laptop Computer

Wheel, tiller and autopilots
Smooth Cruiser

For Sale - Laptop Computer

Post by Smooth Cruiser » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:24 am

I have surplus to requirements a laptop computer which I am interested in selling.

It is a Dell D600 - it is around 4 years old but was pretty highly specced for it's time so it is still competitive in terms of RAM etc. Not too sure on the specs but something like 1.8Ghz, 512MB RAM, 30GB HDD. I can confirm these in a few days once I get back to where the laptop is!!

It is ideally suited for a boat - it has two batteries and a 240V charger. It has a CD burner (burn photos for other boats sailing in company). It has a serial port making plugging in GPS units easy (not all new laptops have the serial port).

It has a lot of software installed - full Microsoft Office suite.

And it is loaded with charts of the world and configured for use as a chart plotter with the plugging in of a GPS unit. More details on this stuff via PM.

It is in good condition - the only thing with it is that the power button only works if it is pushed just right - this has been the case for quite a while - never got around to investigating why, but once you know how to turn it on it is fine (no sly jokes here :lol: )

Pick up in Townsville or Cairns would be best - I could freight other places at your cost.

Basically it is a good unit - set up for navigation - only problem is the power switch - and I want to get rid of it. Would be looking at offers in the range of $300-$400. 8)

Anyone interested?