steering

Wheel, tiller and autopilots
madaz

steering

Post by madaz » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:28 pm

Thanks Jim,

I reckon that would be the adapter i have, i havent tried getting the wheel tight as yet (i am to busy messing up the console and having to pull it out again now! :evil: )

but because the nice plastic cover that hides the helm away in the bezel kit is 3/4" bore. It wont fit over the shaft when the adapter is in place. It doesnt look like it would bore out either. if the cover was drilled to 1" it would loose all its support and fall to bits.

Thats why i was wondering about getting a standard 3/4" tapered wheel, however i cant find one that looks like a yacht wheel, and is flat. they all seem to be dished which may or may not upset a wheel pilot?

madaz

steering

Post by madaz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:22 am

Has anybody tried the SPJ steering system? got one? priced it? I think its something Schionning have something to do with. but there is little info on their site with a schematic drawing that shows nothing really. The builder comments

"NO link bar NO hydrolics NO copious amounts of blocks and sheeves.

A simple no fuss easy new install or retro fit system.

Available in kit form and its in and working."

I think its basically a car and track that works two link bars??

northerncat

steering

Post by northerncat » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:59 pm

i talked to the guy early on and he was looking at using dual push pull morse setups, but like i said that was early on

sean

madaz

steering

Post by madaz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:59 am

I sent them a question and got a few photos of the system which seems to use a car and track with some cables, bloody dear though, nearly $4K for a single steering station setup.

For that price I can buy all the track and car gear and one off machine other components AND have a family trip to QLD for a week.

Smooth Cruiser

steering

Post by Smooth Cruiser » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:16 pm

madaz wrote:For that price I can buy all the track and car gear and one off machine other components AND have a family trip to QLD for a week.

So, when are you coming to Qld?

madaz

steering

Post by madaz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:24 pm

When you stop having floods and cyclones... 8)

probably June I reckon