Wattyl products

Tips and pointers to keep the critters away
terryk

Wattyl products

Post by terryk »

Hi builders, for the people using Wattyl Sigma products, they no longer supply the EP tiecoat grey pak and the Splane Ecol red HA 120 antifoul. I used these products on 1 hull and went to purchase them again for the other hull, bad luck. I bought there replacement products only to find that the tie coat is an "aluminium pigmented" etc. primer sealer SeaPro TC90, but my antifoul with which I have enough left is a copper based paint, now aluminium and copper don`t mix unless you want them to destroy each other. :!: Their replacement antifoul Seapro Plus 100 is a non copper based paint and guess what :?: I does not come in red, my 1st hull is red:x They have another antifoul, Seapro CU 120 that they say can be used over the top over the TC90 but you cannot have any aluminium appendages dangling from your hull, does that mean my outboards when in the water will be at risk :?: and yes it comes in red. as I would really like my 2 hulls below the water line to be the same colour :D I can only hope that the 2 reds will be the same :x back to sanding

Cheers

terryk
Smooth Cruiser

Wattyl products

Post by Smooth Cruiser »

I use the HA120, I just went to get some more a month ago and found they had changed. I am going to use the CU 120 which is as far as I can tell the same thing. Will let you know how it looks (mine is blue).

I hope the reds are the same - unfortunately I have to say that I have found that most of the blues of slightly different brands / varieties are quite noticeably different colour!!
mySerenity

Wattyl products

Post by mySerenity »

Thats a bit sneaky. Going to the Sanctuary Cove boat show this week and may bail Wattyl up about that and see if they have any answers for you.
James

https://www.youtube.com/user/puremajek

Wattyl products

Post by terryk »

Thanks guys, James while your at the boat show you can catch up with Paul from Manamanha :?: his stand is Boat eBiz Australia. Mean while it`s back to work and sanding :cry:

cheers

terryk