The Sewerage Brigade

Vent your frustration on those who think they are untouchable
mahnamahna

The Sewerage Brigade

Post by mahnamahna »

Have you ever heard a more mangled use of English almost deliberately designed to mislead. Quote: "declared ship means a ship declared under a regulation to be a ship to which this section applies". Who declares it? On what basis do they declare a particular vessel to be a ship? How do we really find out what a "declared ship" is? Does it mean "Australian registered" as well as state registered? I have tried looking for the designation of "declared ship" and I have not found anything yet. And let me tell you, reading this stuff is as boring as bats**t! Typical government rubbish if you ask me. All designed to keep asses on government paid seats and power to those that without these regs would have no purpose in life. Sorry for the rant but the more I read the less I know!
admin
Site Admin

The Sewerage Brigade

Post by admin »

Paul

Hope you don't mind as I have split this from the previous Plumbing post as it may allow others to vent their frustration :evil: :evil: :evil: or answer your misguided perception :wink: Admin
mahnamahna

The Sewerage Brigade

Post by mahnamahna »

On the contrary, this is a great idea. You never know, the politicians that write and those faceless bureaucrats that enforce some of these silly regulations, probably never having stepped on a boat let alone lived on one, might actually read some of the frustrations that we face and (pigs might fly) might actually act on some of them.

I hate to sound pesamistic but a quick read of A Coastal Passage might bear this out, but I believe the government dont want cruisers, local or visiting, they cant control us the way they would like as our nomadic lifestyle is counter to their needs and the bureaucrats they employ to enforce the regs do so with glee out of jealousy that we live the lives they want to.

Anyway at the very least, somewhere to vent is not such a bad thing.

Cheers,

Paul
admin
Site Admin

The Sewerage Brigade

Post by admin »

Well here is your chance to vent your concerns. There is one member who has some indirect clout.

For those unfamiliar the paper that Paul mentions, its The Coastal Passage (http://www.thecoastalpassage.com). Its a bi-monthly newspaper (also available free electronically), that has some very interesting Cruiser sailing stuff, mainly geared toward Aussie issues and topics. There are some legal guru's their too, who have the say (take a look at 'Your vessel is your home').

If you do decide to subscribe or contact TCP, please let Bob know of our referral. At the end of the day, its win-win for all. Thank you Admin