though shalt not pollute

Vent your frustration on those who think they are untouchable
gunnadoo

though shalt not pollute

Post by gunnadoo » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:29 am

Here we go again - a few days ago, I was told about a sticker that MUST be displayed if your boat is more than 12 metres regarding garbage disposal. Now I fully support looking after our waters, but I could have been spindled, folded, nuked and fined more than the national debt :cry: (actually, $85K was mentioned) is worth if the sticker is not displayed, according to my informant. I had no idea of this little gem's existance. A call to MSQ got me a sticker, but no information about fines. So, if you are in Cap'n Bligh's waters, and the boat is more than the magic 12, better ring MSQ. Under 12, or even one of those tin things dripping empty booze containers...?? Dunno. A phone call is still relatively cheap - er, we got rid of Sol, didn't we?

44c

though shalt not pollute

Post by 44c » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:31 pm

I have learned this is true. (Thankfully not the hard way) An $85,000 fine for not displaying a ****ing STICKER!!

You'd think they would at least make this info easy to obtain but no....

Queensland is going to the dogs. Boat registration fees TRIPLED last year, they imposed the fuel tax, car rego's hiked.....

What kind of government can send a resource rich state broke during a resources boom?

Jim

though shalt not pollute

Post by Jim » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:40 pm

Silly question. Only a Labor Government can send a State or whole Country down the drain with such skill and speed. They have the points on the board and they do it time and time again. Not just my opinion, check modern history.

Jim.

44c

though shalt not pollute

Post by 44c » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:31 pm

After a lot of searching I finally managed to find the legislation. It's here: http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGIS ... pMPA95.pdf

Click on part 8.

puremajek

though shalt not pollute

Post by puremajek » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:43 am

44C, great find, thank you.

Been a real bug-bear of mine to try and find the correct interpretations of what one hears on the water. This document seems to nail some major ones.
James

44c

though shalt not pollute

Post by 44c » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:18 pm

Actually was re-checking the legislation, and it seems the fine has been reduced to $2000 for not having the sticker. Still excessive, but at least it's no longer insane.