Montys Marina

A brief description, your experience, costs (don't forget a rough time of that pricing), stand fees, food, water, fuel and general accessories that are readily available. Unless positive, please refrain from using names
Jim

Re: Montys Marina

Post by Jim » Mon May 06, 2013 8:47 pm

Ouch!!!!!
Jim.

rexd666
Site Admin

Post by rexd666 » Mon May 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Wow, nearly as bad as the half a boat that Bob showed me a few years back to demonstrate duflex properties. Good work getting it back together

dennisail

Post by dennisail » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:22 pm

When I called they said there was no vacancy for my boat for 4 months. So I went down there in person and found my old friend from years ago (who is now the manager) and he found a spot for me in a month. The cost for haul out etc is slightly less than Scarborough. The cost for having my boat at Scarborough for one week is slightly less than having my boat at Monties for one MONTH.

Now does anyone and Scarborough have a rib with a decent size outboard we can use to get my boat there? :mrgreen: My 8hp tohatsu pushes my 40foot boat OK at 3.5K in zero wind, but I am scared to see what happens if the wind picks up.

44c

Post by 44c » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:18 am

Maybe. We're heading that way soon, to finish work on School's Out, but not 100% sure if we'll be there in a month's time.

Will let you know when we get there. I've actually had experience towing a 50foot Beneteau with our RIB, over in Vanuatu. Blown headsail and rope round the propshaft, they were tacking back and forward, but they just could't get into the anchorage.

dennisail

Post by dennisail » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:57 pm

44c wrote:Maybe. We're heading that way soon, to finish work on School's Out, but not 100% sure if we'll be there in a month's time.

Will let you know when we get there. I've actually had experience towing a 50foot Beneteau with our RIB, over in Vanuatu. Blown headsail and rope round the propshaft, they were tacking back and forward, but they just could't get into the anchorage.

That would be awesome if you happen to make it. I never did get a chance to check out the 44cs close up either. Plan is to do it any time of the week preceding the 11th of nov weather permitting.

I will get the 4 blade high trust prop from my mates tohatsu 8hp (used on his trailer sailer) that should help a lot too on my dink.