Norship Cairns.

A brief description, your experience, costs (don't forget a rough time of that pricing), stand fees, food, water, fuel and general accessories that are readily available. Unless positive, please refrain from using names
Jim

Norship Cairns.

Post by Jim » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:33 am

Without any prior knowledge both Sean, Dasago and myself, Leslie James booked a haulout within a day of each other. So both boats with Sean's parents on Dasago, as he was at work, motored from Bluewater Marina into the Cairns inlet. I went straight into the pen and tied up while a large trawler that was hanging from their humongous new travel lift was water blasted.

My boat has been in the water for 20 months and I had not intended to re anti foul it for at least 24 to 30 months. A couple of months ago we were out on the reef and I got my son and his mates to clean the bottom as I had stitches in my leg, so no water for me. I wasn't paying much attention to what they were doing and they got a bit carried away and took a lot of the anti foul off. My fault, I should have been paying more attention.

Anyway I did 1 coat of red over what was left of the original red and 2 good coats of black. The theory being, when the red starts to be seen I have a year or so left. I also lifted the waterline at the back a bit because the boat is a bit heavy in the back. My duckie is very heavy.

I used Jotun Seavictor 50 both when new and again now and I am quite happy with the results. What wasn't removed with the scowers was in quite good condition. Here are some photos.

Jim.

Dasajo on the way to the Inlet.

In the pen.

Nice clean bottom.

Easy parking bay.

Same models, Easy 37. I changed my bows.

We both changed the rears from the plans but still different from each other.

All painted, ready to get wet.

Smooth Cruiser

Norship Cairns.

Post by Smooth Cruiser » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:03 am

At least you put sails on yours . . .

That's a massive travel lift. I just came out of the water at Brisbane Shiplifts ( for a survey and antifoul) and their lift was smaller than that.

Jim

Norship Cairns.

Post by Jim » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:11 am

Sean took his sails off because they wanted to waterblast the deck.

The lift was designed to lift the Navy Patrol boats out of the water.

Jim.

terryk

Norship Cairns.

Post by terryk » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Jim, how heavy is your duckie :?: with & without motor.

cheers

terryk

Jim

Norship Cairns.

Post by Jim » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:44 am

Bloody heavy. It is an effort to drag it up onto a beach with two people. However I wanted something like that so I could climb in by myself while out spearing without fear of turning it over.

Jim.