ply suppliers brisbane

Some quick ideas, fixes, resins and joinery hints and building tips
northerncat

ply suppliers brisbane

Post by northerncat » Thu May 11, 2017 3:41 pm

hi all just wondering on places that supply the best priced bb ply hoop pacific maple or other suitable boatbuilding variants

sean

mikeb

Re: ply suppliers brisbane

Post by mikeb » Fri May 12, 2017 9:31 am

I don't know Sean but I'd be interested to know what you're building this time....? ;)
Mike

Geoff

Re: ply suppliers brisbane

Post by Geoff » Fri May 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Sean

I did a lot of research in August last year of most of the plywood suppliers in Brisbane/SE QLD. At that time there were two companies that I thought carried quality ply: Mr Ply and Wood Geebung 3865 7677 contact was Glenn - had some Dragon brand Pacific Maple that seemed very good quality (faces/voids/lamination) and reasonable weight (9mm was 13.5 - 16kg per sheet across the 80 sheets purchased). I recall $77.00 (inc GST) per sheet. The other possible option at the time was Plymaster Loganholme 3277 6572 had some Joubert Gaboon that met requirements at approximately $100 per sheet (9mm from memory). At the time we went to a number of companies who said they great products suitable for marine use but on inspection most of these products lacked any certification and/or were seriously (in my opinion) flawed with poor face quality, large voids, evidence of de-lamination or overlapping ply layers. I know some builders have been suggesting Kakoda but I couldn't find any that was marine certified (an important criteria for me).

Not sure if this helps

Geoff