admin
Site Admin

Insurance Companies

Post by admin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Only three actual Insurers in Australia... :shock:

puremajek

Re: Insurance Companies

Post by puremajek » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Following on from this post, I have from a reliable source that insurers outside Australia are not allowed to advertise within Australia. However, they can sell to vessels if we approach them.

For what it's worth, we used OAMPS during the build. Have since changed.
James

terryk

Post by terryk » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:55 am

Hi James, the insurance company in question are advertising in the Australian "Cruising Helmsman" magazine, are they breaking the law :?:

cheers
terryk

martica

Post by martica » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:27 pm

Hi guys just to let you no I have insured my boat with topsail insurance and I no others who have also and have found them to be very helpful and correct especially with owner build I approached other insurance company's and just did not want to no

Cheers mick

Geoff

Post by Geoff » Wed May 04, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi All

Just finishing off a Mike Waller TS 5.4 (yes, I know, only one hull!) Trying to insure it is proving difficult. I have tried many of the majors and Topsail but with not a lot of luck. Any suggestions of companies who will insure a home built boat would be greatly appreciated. RACQ are the only ones willing to work with me as long as I provide a marine survey to validate the build quality (trying not to be insulted!). Also, if anybody can suggest a marine surveyor who is 'pro' home built boats in the south East QLD area I would appreciate the help.

Thanks Geoff

kjay

Post by kjay » Wed May 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Contact Mike Waller,
He should be able to help you.
John

mahnamahna

Post by mahnamahna » Wed May 04, 2016 4:52 pm

Terryk and I use the same insurance, Edward Williams via DG Marine. No problem being home builders. I still have building insurance but Terry had no problems converting at launch.

44c

Post by 44c » Thu May 05, 2016 7:06 am

Geoff wrote:Hi All

Just finishing off a Mike Waller TS 5.4 (yes, I know, only one hull!) Trying to insure it is proving difficult. I have tried many of the majors and Topsail but with not a lot of luck. Any suggestions of companies who will insure a home built boat would be greatly appreciated. RACQ are the only ones willing to work with me as long as I provide a marine survey to validate the build quality (trying not to be insulted!). Also, if anybody can suggest a marine surveyor who is 'pro' home built boats in the south East QLD area I would appreciate the help.

Thanks Geoff
It's pretty normal for insurance companies to ask for a survey. We used Liberal Bonel, based in Bundaberg, and he was good, but there are plenty of surveyors around.

Beav222

Post by Beav222 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:34 am

I am in the USA. Do any of you know of companies that are or will insure in the US??
Dean :lol: & Debra :mrgreen:

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than those you did. So throw off the bowlines and sail away. "

— Mark Twain.

Beav_222@yahoo.com