Design help...and more

For those areas not suitable below and directly related to general building or fitout topics
landlocked125

Design help...and more

Post by landlocked125 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Hello, my name is Thomas. Ive spent the last two years trawling the internet for different cat and tri designs I could build sometime is the future, ive dreamt wharrams, brown tris, shuttleworth(definatly in my dreams) and all else in between. I think its time to get onto some of these designs for a better feel of the boats.

One design ive come to get quite excited about is the Waller CS35 and the CC31. Im looking for a design i can build quite minimalist for me and my wife(both in mid 20s) to live aboard with dreams of ocean sailing aswell.

Im looking for as much info about these designs, pictures videos, whatever.
Also any contact details for people building or sailing them would be great.

Im sure some of this info is somewhere on the furum but have yet to go through it all.

I am living in Canberra atm but could end up in Hobart to live sometime this year.

Thanks everyone.

rexd666
Site Admin

Re: Design help...and more

Post by rexd666 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:53 pm

Welcome aboard Thomas.
A build of a Waller, not sure which one but someone will know.
http://diy-yachts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=240

landlocked125

Re: Design help...and more

Post by landlocked125 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks for that, yes I had seen that thread, great boat with very usful pictures. It seems the waller designs are well received by most, I am impressed with the designer and like his basic approach used when designing the Coral Sea 35. A true, hardy cruising catamaran without the unnessesary bling.