Place to haul out 40' mono cheaply in Brisbane?

For those areas not suitable below and directly related to general building or fitout topics
dennisail

Place to haul out 40' mono cheaply in Brisbane?

Post by dennisail » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:35 pm

Hey guys. If I am lucky I will finally get my insurance payment for when a whale that ripped the front of by boat off last year when I was in Niue.

We have a 40' mono with 5' draft. I need to do a fair few repairs and I work a full time job. Scarborough marina where my boat is, apparently wants $75 per day! That means I will have to rush. I want to keep it somewhere that I can take my time and do a good job.

Does anyone have any advice on where I can go? Also the boat has a broken prop so I either need to tow it or sail. Prob with sailing is I need wind, and I prefer to not try and maneuver the boat with no prop when there is wind.

I need to antifoul, fix the prop, and do glass repairs on the bow and a lot stainless work. I live in Bray Park and want to avoid long trips.

Cheers guys :)

44c

Re: Place to haul out 40' mono cheaply in Brisbane?

Post by 44c » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:36 am

Hi Dennis, I'd suggest Monty's up the Caboolture river. Their daily rates are about as cheap as you get, and it's close to Scarborough.

Up the river is pretty well protected from wind so manoeuvring with a dinghy should be OK too. Explain your situation to them, they'll be able to time your haulout for slack tide.

dennisail

Post by dennisail » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:40 am

Thanks. That was my first choice, and the manager is an old friend of mine from school, but they are booked out until January!

44c

Post by 44c » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Bummer. We hauled out at Boatworks on the Gold Coast. We were only out for 3 days, and it was only a few bucks more than Monty's quoted us. But Monty's daily rate is cheaper - their out-in cost was actually higher. So for a longer term, Boatworks might be a bit costly. I'd ring them for a quote, though, they may have cheap long-term rates.

Although I guess it would be further than you'd want to travel. Can't really help, sorry, we've only been out twice, and both times was at Boatworks.

DA

Post by DA » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:17 am

Try Redland city marina too
http://www.redlandcitymarina.com.au/